Incentives for Demonstrating Meaningful Use of EHR/EMR
- The government has set aside $19.2 Billion under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act , enacted as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, was signed into law on February 17, 2009. The HITECH Act promotes the adoption of certified Electronic Medical Records.
- Each Eligible Professionals may qualify for up to $44,000-$64,000 for showing meaningful use of EMR or EHR technology.
- Over $400 million has been paid out since August 2011.
Beginning in 2015, the government will begin deducing medicare reimbursements for not using a certified EHR or EMR.
Selecting an Electronic Medical Record vendor can be a complex task as there are over 400 EMR vendors.
- The difference between certified vs. non-certified EMR and EHR technology
- How to demonstrate “Meaningful Use” of EHR technology?
- What information technologies are going to best fit your practice needs?
- How to effectively monitor, manage, and maintain your systems once in place.
We assist physicians and practice managers understand the variety healthcare technologies available and how to achieve meaningful use of those systems.
At your request, an EMRSOAP representative will visit your practice for a free initial 1-hour consultation and provide an IT Report Card. We have developed several simple tools to assist physicians and practices demonstrate meaningful use of their technologies.
EMR Readiness Checklist
- The straightforward checklist provides an accurate evaluation for the practice’s technical, organizational, financial, and operational readiness.
Healthcare IT Report Card
- To assess your technical and organizational readiness for an EMR.
- Every practice is unique and has unique needs. Using a regimented process to make informed decisions will help ease your healthcare practices transition to being in compliance with the Meaningful Use. We take the guesswork out of EHR vendor selection and allow you to focus on your business.
Medicare Calculation Evaluation
- We help you determine the maximum amount of incentives you can qualify for using our easy to use Medicare Calculator.
Registration and Attestation
- January 3, 2011 CMS has opened the Registration and Attestation phase for the Incentives. It is important to plan early to qualify for maximum incentives. To date, over $400 Million incentives have been distributed, 77,000 Eligible providers registered.
- Software and hardware support for implementing new and existing EHR technologies. Our consultants work with healthcare practices to meet the Meaningful Use mandates and to be productive during the implementation.
Training and Post-Implementation Support
- EHRSOAP consultants provide training for physicians and end-users to effectively use EHR technology. We provide post-implementation maintenance and support.
Contact one of our representatives today to set up a free consultation meeting!